Tuesday 22 October 2013

Day 2 of Bad Flare: Ooze and Crust

I slept better than I thought last night, although I did wake a few times and seemed constantly aware of the itchy, sore skin on my face and tried to keep it out of contact with the pillow.

My face oozed buckets of plasma serum yesterday and it has all dried to a yellowish crust on the one side of my face. I actually found out lots of interesting info about why we ooze plasma, but I will save it for another post, as it deserves its own slot.

So today I'm looking a bit crusty. I took two photos; one in natural light and one in artificial light because I wanted to show how bad the crusty bits looked.
(apologies for the "zombie eye" on that one, I must have been looking up when I took the picture, although I do feel undead today!)


I took this second photo in the bathroom with the light on. The crusts don't show up so well on this picture, but you can see how red my flaring skin is.

I spend a huge chunk of yesterday crying, wondering why I am flaring again. if you scroll back to October and November of last year, the photos look very similar to what I went through then.

I keep telling myself in my head that this is the last big flare and I am going to have perfect skin next week.

I gotta have a dream.....

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Crikey, Louise, you poor thing! That looks like a TSW face at three months, not two years! I suppose its only over when you've done 3 months without a flare. I guess that's you back to counting the weeks again... Still, cant be long now. PLUS, think how lovely your skin will be underneath when the red stuff flakes off - and its drying, isn't it? That's always a good sign. I look forward to your face serum post. Hope you feel better very soon. xx

Louise said...

Hey Elaine,
yeah, it is a shocker!

The aim of the blog is to just record my experiences with TSW, both good and bad. I'm hoping kitty will come a long and draw me a graph....

Holed up inside at the moment, only going out to fetch kiddies from school. Feeling a bit like a prisoner in my own home.

You have to keep looking forward, otherwise you would go mad.

wendy said...

Sorry Louise, that zombie eye is a cracker of a photo, humour is good. Try and not get discouraged, it's bitter sweet getting big breaks then this happens. I bet you wish all the flares ran into each other in the first year but the beast, although beaten, still pops it head up on its way out. Hang in, you've already won xx

Anonymous said...

Awwww Louise that was horrible. I didn't realize how terrible you had been doing. I'm so glad you are feeling better now. One of my close friend's mother told me that crying is the body making room for new better things. So when I cry I just tell myself my body must be cleaning house and moving something better in. ;)

It is just pitiful having to deal with this. I wish you a speedier recovery.

Hugs

Louise said...

Thanks heather,
It's a month on now, and I'm past that flare and looking and feeling much better.

It was a real shock to the system though.